Saturday, February 20, 2010

Downhill Running

1 month 'til race day! How time is flying.

This morning's workout sounded like it would be not so bad. The weather was warm (a balmy 45 degrees!), the sun was out, and we were running DOWNHILL. How hard can that be, right?

Turns out, pretty hard. Logically, everything that goes up must come down. Funny thing is, the opposite is also true. Everything that goes down, must come up. The downhill runs were for speed, the uphill was for recovery. Not a surprise that running up a hill does not ever really allow you to fully recover.

Thought I would be mega sore afterwords, but actually feeling good so far. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Going to do my long run (8 miles or 1 hour 25 minutes, whichever comes last) tomorrow. I've been doing long runs on the treadmill during the week but need to get myself on a weekend schedule so that I can run during daylight in Prospect Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment