Sunday, March 14, 2010

The final week

Sorry it has been a while since i've posted. Things have been very busy lately. Anyways.....last week I was sick. Took Thursday off work, and missed out on my weekend running. It was the best weather we've had in a looong time. Tried to do an easy run last Saturday since it was so gorgeous out, but the exercise was aggravating my cough. I ended up just walking the majority of the 3.5 miles around the park, and wasn't able to do my long run last Sunday.

The longest training run we are doing leading up to the race is 11 miles. Monday I was feeling well enough to run at the gym, although running on the treadmill for that long is not fun. Jogged to the gym, did 9.5 miles on the treadmill, and jogged home. Tried my first Gu (energy gel) and it didn't taste nearly as bad as I expected it to. Did get a bit of a side stitch after, so might have to try walking for a bit or slurping it down more slowly on race day.

Tuesday night the MS team had a happy hour at which our team shirts were distributed. To say the women's shirts run a bit small would be an understatement. I tried my shirt on when I got home and the only way I can describe the fit is "olympic athlete" tight. While it might help shave 0.01 second off my finishing time, I'd rather be able to breathe. Luckily, they are going to re-order larger shirts for any ladies who need them. Friday night we are having a team pasta dinner, which should be fun. Definitely going to try and get as much sleep as possible this week.

Yesterday (saturday) was our last saturday training. We did a bunch of drills followed by some very light hill repeats. I almost didn't go since it was cold and rainy again, but luckily the major storm didn't hit until last night. Did about 5 miles in the park this morning, and saw at least 4 massive trees were down, blocking the road. Crossing my fingers for good weather next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment