Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hot and Cold

My Tuesday night run went very well. It was 40 degrees out, which was warm compared to how it's been Saturday mornings. I even had to shed a few layers mid-workout. We did 1 mile repeats; 1 mi at a fast pace+ 1 minute of recovery. Since our workouts are capped to 1 hour, how many repeats you do really just depends on what there is time for. I got in a solid 4 repeats and was very happy with my mile times.

Thursday was my long run day. Got in 7 miles on the treadmill without stopping, but definitely had to slow down a lot the 2nd half.

Today's morning run was rough. Mostly because it is only 14 degrees out, but the fact that we were running hill repeats also didn't help. I was astounded at how many CRAZY people were braving the frigid cold to run; then I realized that technically I was one of those crazy runner people.

I couldn't feel my toes or my lower jaw for most of the time, which, as one can imagine, makes breathing and running a bit challenging.....at least in any remotely non-rediculous looking way. Then I saw a small dog wearing a jacket AND a plastic cone on his head and felt a smidge better.

Just as I was ready to completely quit, another girl who lives in Brooklyn asked if I wanted to run a cool-down with her. She was going to jog all the way home, I was definitely not feeling so ambitious, but agreed to jog from 102nd street down to Columbus Circle (59th street) before hopping on the subway. After all those hills, a slow jog through the park actually felt quite good.

On with the day...... (I still haven't taken off my hood and hat, maybe that will be my next move). Note to self---buy wool running socks ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment